on my way

I know u think I'm totally crazy. But since I woke up having this thought of really being in Oz one day I just can't stop thinking about it.
Today I searched the net for some information and found this points-system. U need 120 points to have good chances to get a permanent visa - of course there are some other things which have to be fine as well.
Well, a short look at everything told me that I'll get between 110 and 115 points, depending on my age.
But I'm sure I'll find some other things to get the other points as well ;-)
Thank God they're looking for teachers... Yay!

2 comments:

  1. Could you explain that with the points?
    I know money was a factor and your education, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I wrote in my email u'll get points for ur current age (til 30 = 30pts, til 34 = 25 pts and til 40 = 20pts), for ur language skills (u have to make a test (IELTS), up to 20 pts), and for ur application - it has to be on the SOL = Skilled Occupation List (up to 60pts). I can email u the current list if u want.
    At the moment no special educ. teacher is requirred but they are looking for primary school teachers which would be 60pts for me.
    U also get 10 points if u've worked in ur job for 3 years during the last 4 years.
    The u'll get some points if u have relatives over there.
    I'll have a look if I can find that page with the list again.

    I'd like to apply for a visa as soon as possible. But because of the work experience I'm afraid that I have to stay for at least 3 more years after the trainee ship. I dunno if the trainee ship counts as well as work experience. But as kiddo has to go to primary school in 2011 I think it's okay to stay. So she can learn English at school ;-)

    After the request it can take a year til u get ur visa.
    And of course u need some money to be able to go over there, and a job as well.
    At the best u have someone who sponsors u, and someone who acts as a guarantor for u.

    Not that easy.. And expensive as apply for a visa also costs lots of money...

    ReplyDelete