mind the cab

It was Saturday at 8 am when the alarm clock told us to get up. We wanted to go shopping on this day, and we also had tickets for the evening play of "A Doll's House".

So we got up and packed our things as we had to check out in the morning to check in again later. We've been told that there'd be someone at the reception 24/7, so we put our bags into the luggage room and just took the essential things with us...
Two of our girls came to our hostel and together we wanted to go to the Empire Theater at Leicester Square where the other girls wanted to wait for us.

So we went to Pimlico Station just to be told that there was a strike on Victoria and Jubilee line on Saturday and Sunday. Great.
On our way looking for the replacement bus we came across the themse - of course we took the wrongest of all ways.
The themse wasn't exactly where we wanted to be...

Finally, we arrived at Victoria Station.

Just a little bit too late *cough* we arrived at Leicester Square Station. Cause we were late we called the other girls and they joined us at the Station. Okay, what next? First to Notting Hill, or shopping or Forbidden Planet?
The last one it was.
Well, we had some trouble finding it - although we walked past the store for 3 times the nite before.

Anyway, I had lots of fun at Forbidden Planet, it was sth like heaven. Found nearly everything I wanted to buy and in the end I spent "only" one hour in that store. I'm sure u can imagine the faces of the other girls who had to wait for me ;D

Packed with my two bags full of comic stuff I joined the girls on their way to Notting Hill. We wanted to have a look where Gillian used to live in the past.

We passed some cool stores and took the opportunity to buy some stuff. I, for example, bought lil one a shirt.


Dunno how long it took us to get through all these ppl, market stands and musicians there.


But we finally found it. Thx to the Starbucks...

Well, nothing special, although what we were able to see of the flat was kinda cool.


So, Forbidden Planet - checked
Notting Hill - checked
shopping - checked
Gillians old flat - checked

Some girls wanted to go to Oxford Street but Flo, Giany and me were nearly starving so we decided to split.
We went back to Picadilly Circus (via Baker Street)

were we split again. Flo and Giany wanted to go to an Indian restaurant which wasn't really my type. So we accounted for a reunion at 5 pm at the HMV store.
Spent that time on my own sitting in the park while eating. Yammi! I love Double Cheeseburger... :-)

On my way to HMV I was nearly run down by cabs for about 3 or 4 times... And then they tell u that flying would be dangerous. Yer, try to cross a road in London instead!!

Of course we all found some stuff at HMV... Most dvd's were prized under £5, so esp. me couldn't resist - yes, as always :-P

Afterwards we walked along Regent Street, Flo and Giany wanted to go to "National Geographic".
I waited for them inside of the store while they were looking for a shirt or a zipper.
Normally I'd say waiting for someone in a shop is boring (yer, sorry I made u all wait so long for me at Forbidden Planet!), but that cute shopman saw me standing around, came over and just said: "Seems like they need more time."
- "Well, they had to wait for me at Forbidden Planet for one hour, so I think it's only fair."
(laughing) "What did u buy at Forbidden Planet?"
- "Lots of Wolverine comic stuff."
"Have u seen the Wolverine movie?"
- "Yer, of course."
"Did u like it?"
- "Saw it five times by now, will see it once more tonite, so guess."
And then we had a real good conversation going on about Wolverine and Hugh Jackman in especially ;-)
Thx for this great chat!

Flo, Giany and me then decided to walk to Donmare Warehouse as it was already 6:30pm.


We arrived at 7pm at the Donmare Warehouse where we met the other girls again. Together we entered the theater.
After the break I switched places as there were some free seats in the front row. So I sat at the same place as the day before again. Last seat at the right, front row.

I'd say that the play was much better on Saturday, so was the audience!
Just about 10minutes after the play Gillian came out to sign autographs. Flo and Giany had a canvas with pics of the actors and when Gillian saw that she was really thrilled.

Again she tried to satisfy everyone...



Two of our girls gave her some flowers, which Gillian obviously liked very much.

When she asked the girls "What are these?", I just said: "Flowers."
Gillian looked at me first in surprise, then she just laughed.
Well yer, typical me I guess ;-) Never can keep my big mouth shut...


Afterwards Flo, Giany and me went to the vue, cause we wanted to watch "X-Men Origins: Wolverine". We bought our tix, went to Burger King and ate a lil sth before the movie started.

I'd say we had much fun ;-)
On our way home we had to learn that the undergorund stations close before 1 am. Well, okay, so we had to take the bus. Whatever.

We finally arrived at the hostel at about 1:30 or sth. And the reception was... CLOSED!
Great! Well, after about 5 mins and asking another guest for help someone opened it for us and we got our key. We had a room for 6, three other girls were already sleeping when we arrived. We tried to be as quiet as possible, well they woke up anyway...
At about 2 am it was "good nite everyone".

And that's what I say now, too.
Part three will follow tomorrow :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment