Had lots of fun with the girls, esp. with Flo & Giany! Thx for the great time, girls!! Miss ya!
But I guess I should start at the beginning ;-)
My Mom and my older brother drove me to the airport and spent a lil more time with me until I had to go to my gate.
I just entered the shuttle bus to the plane when I stepped someone, who looked like a man in black, onto the foot. Of course I excused myself. His friend just said: "Do it again." That was the beginning of a funny conversation, as I asked back what I'll get for doing it again ;-)
On the plane both of them had seats next to mine so we had quite a time for a chat.
The one I didn't step onto the food was more chatty and he asked me about work and stuff and was really suprised that we teach chemistry in Germany in the 5th grade.
Cause I had to wait much longer than expected to get my luggage I missed my bus from the airport to London Victoria. But I was lucky as there was some free space in the next one.
When I arrived in Victoria I immediately went to the train station to get to Covent Garden as the Donmare Warehouse Theater is located there and I wanted to meet with the other girls in front of the theater - and they had my ticket!
Once I arrived at Covent Garden I was lost. I asked a few ppl but no one even knew the theater.
With some luck and the help of a nice bike rider I found the theater about 10 minutes before the play started. I met Flo and Giany, both of them had no tickets for the play, but they had mine... I was told that the other girls were already inside.
I was allowed to leave my luggage at the cash desk and so I sat on my seat when the lights went out. Just in time.
And there she was - Gillian Anderson! She entered the stage and what can I say? She was beautiful! She is such a great actress, unbelievable!!
I soooo loved the play (Ibsen's "A Doll's House") - and still do! Just great!
After the play we went back to the foyer (we includes the girls I finally met inside) where we waited for Gillian to sign some autographs. Some other actors left the theater before her, and then she came... She was really nice and friendly and tried to fulfill all wishes for an autograph.
The girl next to me asked her to write "to Esperanza" and then she had to spell her name but was really nervous and hardly managed to get it right. Then I asked if Gillian could write my name as well. So she asked what my name was and I said "Mel". Her answer: "Thank God!" ;D




After everyone calmed down we wanted to go to a pub to have a drink. Well, one hour later it was 11pm, and we hadn't found a pub - but it's big fun walking in circels :-P
So we decided to go to our hostels - think there were three or four different "hostel-groups".
And nope, I won't tell the messed up hostel story here. Don't want to get angry again.
I had a room with Giany and Flo and before we went to bed we watched some videos via iPod and Flo played a scene of "What The Night Is For", a former play of Gillian.
So sleep well... Erm, yer.

tbc... Stay tuned ;-)



Great story and I can picture how she said "Thank God!". XD
ReplyDeleteAnd...I'm surprised. You didn't rip that Wolvie banner off? XD Bist du krank?? ;)
BTW That Wolvie pic is now handing on my door. But the very smaller version. ^^
ReplyDeleteLOL just wait for tomorrow, when I'll post the report of Saturday.
ReplyDeleteAnd nope, didn't rip it off. Love my life too much as I'd risk to be overrun by a tube :-P
Do u have that wide version, too?
i love these gillian pics. this curly hair is sooo great :)
ReplyDeleteyer, she really looked stunning!!
ReplyDeleteYay, thanks for the report. I booked MY flight to London yesterday. :) Don't think I'll meet a lot of Gillians or Wolverines, but still.......
ReplyDelete