
There it was, the 1. David Duchovny Film Festival. It started on Dave's birthday and ended on Gillian's - what a perfect timing!
And of course there can't be any birthday without a cake! So David, this one goes out to u!!

We also had a few mini UFOs ;-)

And of course there was alien slime!! Wouldn't want to eat it right out of an alien, but it's delicious when it's frozen...

The first eve it was only dagildamu and me. We watched "Trust The Man" and "Return To Me" until we spontaneously decided to go to the cinema and watch "The X-Files: I Want To Believe". It's not that we've seen the movie twice until then and that we wanted to watch it the next nite together with Rebecca and Jade ;-)
So we went to the cinema. To be honest I really thought that dagildamu and me would be the only ones watching the movie that nite. But there were 17 (!!) other people! Woohoo!
The best were the ones we met in the hall. There was a big promotion wall with a pic of Mulder & Scully. And a guy asked one of the girls he was with there: "Hey, who was Scully again?" And she walked over to the promotion wall and pointed on Mulder, saying: "I think it was the guy." dagildamu and me changed looks and tried not to laugh out loud. I just said: "Actually the guy's Mulder." The girl was just like "ooops" and walked back to her people. Just a few minutes later, when dagildamu and me were seated at the cinema, exactly that lil group entered the room and they took places right behind us. I turned around and with a smile and a wink I said: "Don't know who's who but want to watch the movie, eh?!" Thank God they got me right *lol*
As usual most of the people left the cinema before the credits ended and even trying to convince them to stay didn't help. So they missed the best part... Well, so there was more Mulder & Scully for us *g* Politely as we are we waved back and yelled "nailed it!" while leaving the cinema...
Back home, erm, yer, what have we done then? I really can't remember. Gosh, I get old!! :o
The next day I woke up at about 12pm. dagildamu just has read the whole novelisation of the movie while I was sleeping! But hey, I had a wonderful dream including Mulder :-P
So no need to blame me!
In the afternoon we picked up Rebecca from the train station, after waiting there for a whole hour! We definitely DON'T love the Deutsche Bahn! But it was fun to observe all the people at the station hall. Could become our new hobby *g*
But yer, Rebecca finally arrived and we went back to my place. We made some fries (OK, OK, we made a whole kilo) and watched "Californication" while waiting for Jade who was supposed to be here at about half past 7pm. But then she just called and told me that she's lost her way and needed some help. At 8pm she finally arrived and 10mins later we were on our way to the cinema. When we entered the cinema it was already dark and we were really surprised how many people came to see the movie. I'd say it were about 70 people...
So we found some good places right in the middle and started to eat our sunflower seeds :-) We had a lot of fun by telling each other the dialogues just before they really were spoken in the movie or by laughing about Father Joe... I really want a Father Joe action figure which can run!! *lol* And I want Action Scully with a log and a Mulder with this unknown tool in his hand who can say "stop" *rofl*
Well, before heading to the Cranger Kirmes Jade took some pix of dagildamu and me in the cinema with Mulder & Scully...

Oh holy Mulder, oh holy Scully, please let there be a third X Files movie!!

So yer, after some time we arrived at the Cranger Kirmes, an annual fun fair. That was really fun! We rode two roller coasters and dagildamu and me also rode a chairoplane which was REALLY high! After every ride we felt the urge to yell "nailed it!". Cause we did!
Back home we decided to watch "The Secret". And after that we watched the rest of "Californication" til 6am (yes, we really watched the whole season during the DD-FF!), then we watched "Evolution" and then it was "Trust The Man" again... Hope I'm right. Somewhere during "Evolution" I felt asleep and I missed "Trust The Man" nearly completely. I dunno what time it was when I woke up, but dagildamu and Rebecca were online and, yer, what was Jade doing? Can't remember. But at around 5am we decided to make a photo-love-story with the Mulder & Scully action figures. I'll show u the whole story soon, now there's only one pic u'll get ;-)
ship, ship hooray!

And later on Mulder also put on his red speedos... rrrrrrrr!

The time with the girls went by too fast. Jade left us at 12pm. Rebecca, dagildamu & me decided to watch the last X-Files episode "The Truth". Somewhere in the middle my boyfriend and my daughter arrived and that's when the 1st David Duchovny Film Festival ended. Although we all didn't get much sleep, I guess we had a real great time! And it wasn't the last DD-FF, that's for sure!!
NAILED IT! Oh, and by the way: "What the fuck?"



No comments:
Post a Comment