life is too short

Just got the message that my younger brother's ex-girlfriend is dead.

I never really got to know her, only saw her once. My little brother never really introduces us to his friends, esp. not to his girlfriends. But he talked a lot about her and I read a lot of messages she wrote him on his wall at a messageboard.

And half an hour ago my Mum told me about her death. My little brother got a long text message by her sister last night. His ex had leukemia and was very sick during the last weeks.

They found her dead in her bed on December 23rd.
She was only 22 years old.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks.
    It really is. I had a talk with my brother today, he opened up a little bit. They splitted up two months ago when she got to know that she had leukemia. She's been at her parents place over Christmas, in the US, and she and my brother talked a lot about getting together again.
    I didn't know that before.

    ReplyDelete