that kind of moment

Today my daughter just told me: "Mummy, I don't wanna die."
What do u tell a 4 yrs old girl when she says sth like that to u?

I tried to explain to her that she won't die that soon. But she just answered: "Mummy, we're all going to die. Everybody has to die one day. And the parents die first. Mummy, I don't want to die."

It's a moment like that when I feel totally helpless.
It's a moment like that when it's hard not to cry.
It's a moment like that when it hurts even more that my Dad is gone.
And it's a moment like that when I wish more than usual that my lil one would have never had to experience death that soon in her innocent life.

Cutie, I promise to you, I'll take care of you!! I love you so much, my lil one!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot, hon!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's really tough.... *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. I just try and talk to her about death. It isn't easy, cause I have to fight the tears every time. But what else can I do?

    ReplyDelete