I still see you lying there. I can still hear the sounds of the machines. And I still remember that very moment we had to let you go.
I'll never ever forget that moment. The moment when you left your body. I'll remember this very moment forever.
They say it gets easier with time. They say it'll hurt less after some time.
But they are wrong.
Nothing gets easier. The hurt does not stop. And you never forget. You just try to get along with everything. But to be honest: I'm not very good with that.
I still find myself crying when I think of you.
I still have to hold back my tears when your little sunshine comes to me at night, telling me that you've been in her dreams.
I still try to avoid going to your grave because I can hardly stand the fact that your name is written on that gravestone.
I am still not able to watch a video with you in it.
I still can't forgive myself that I was not there when it happened.
I still hope that you know how much I loved you and still do.
I still miss you like hell, Dad!
I always will.



No comments:
Post a Comment